We provide a full range of actuarial and consulting services, investment strategy and risk management advice, and administration services including record keeping and benefit calculations, treasury and payroll to trustee clients.
In addition to routine and compliance related work, clients value our ability to add value in areas such as
– Negotiating funding requirements and associated matters with the sponsor
– Investment strategy (including de-risking over time) and risk management
– Fiduciary management (delegating investment decision making to a third party)
– Liability management (typically industry jargon for transferring liabilities from the scheme to the members, or restructuring the benefits, for the potential benefit of both)
– Insurance solutions such as “buy-ins” or “buy-outs” including medically underwritten “enhanced” annuities
– PPF levy advice.
Trustees also come to us – often through intermediaries such as lawyers and accountants – for advice on M&A related matters and dealing with employers in financial difficulty or distress.
Increasingly, trusteeship is seen as a complex tax requiring specialist knowledge and experience and independence from conflicts of interest. When we do not have an advisory appointment we will act as independent trustee on a trustee body. We do this through our sister company 2020 Trustees.